Time and again, it has been said that weight loss is not just about dieting, rigorous exercise, or drastic cosmetic surgeries. But peoplebeing stubborn and not content beings they arenever listens. They continue to live the lifestyles that put their health to risk by trying out different means of losing weight without proper guidance from their healthcare providers.
LOW CARB DIET 101
Indeed, a lot has been said about various diets and how these work for some people. There s the Atkins Diet, the South Beach, the After-Six Diet plan and so on goes on the list of diet crazes that swept the western world and even Asian regions. Among all these, one type of diet has become popular than the othersits called the Low Carb Diet.
Basically, low carb diet actually emphasizes cutting down on from a persons daily food intake. This diet allows the dieter to take in all foods except those that have carbohydrates. Although there are many testimonies that prove that low carb diet really works, you must be very knowledgeable first about its pros and cons before deciding to go with the hype.
People who have tried low carb diets say that its advantages include:
1. Faster and quicker weight loss compared to fasting.
2. The diet may result to higher protein intake and absorption.
3. It stabilizes blood sugar levels and is extremely beneficial to those who suffer from diabetics.
Experts say that the disadvantages of low carb diets may include:
– High cholesterol levels due to the lack of protein-rich and fatty foods that has saturated fats.
– Increased blood pressure due to elimination of whole grains products that help lower blood pressure.
– It can lead to osteoporosis because there will be no enough supply of calcium.
– In some cases, this diet can lead to diarrhea, constipation, and severe headaches.
– Low carb diets increase the possibility of lower mental acuity.
– Instead of losing weight, this diet can lead to weight gain.
If you are planning on taking low carb diet, here are some helpful tips to keep you in track:
1. Make sure to drink lots of water to avoid dehydration and constipation.
2. Consider taking in more fiber and vitamin supplements.
3. Cease from consuming products that has sugar.
4. Cut down on taking in products that contain caffeine.
5. Monitor your daily carbohydrate intake.
6. Dont mind calories, they are allowed in this diet.
7. Acquire a carbohydrate counter to keep you updated.
8. Do regular physical activities and exercise to reach ketosis easily.
9. Brace yourself for diarrhea that may last for a couple of days.
10. If possible, avoid eating foods that have saturated fats.